Amazfit Pace: After Moonbeam, Equator and Arc fitness trackers, Amazon has rolled out their third wearable device, the Amazfit PACE. It’s an affordable GPS running watch with heart rate tracking backed by up to 11 days of battery life. It looks pretty much like Huami’s Amazfit smartwatch released in September that’s because Amazfit is owned by Huami. The handset is in fact similar to Huami’s Amazfit smartwatch, only tweaked a little for English speakers.
Amazfit PACE allows phone free running, 2.4 gigabytes of onboard media storage, sports distance, time, pace, heart rate and calories monitoring, along with other running metrics like speed, altitude, elevation gain, cadence, elevation loss and minimum & maximum altitude. All these metrics can be viewed on Strava Run app.
Frederik Hermann, Head of U.S. Marketing and Sales for Amazfit reveals: “As an industry, we must come together to focus on providing more utility that encourages habit-forming behaviors and making the technology accessible to a wider audience. We saw an incredible demand for PACE when it launched as Huami’s Amazfit Smartwatch in China, and we are thrilled to bring it to a U.S. audience.”
Amazfit PACE Key Features:
- Built-in GPS
- IP67 certified, rain and dust resistant.
- The user can receive notifications on calls, messages, emails among other things.
- One of the highlights of the device is it’s heart rate monitoring feature.
- It sports an Always-On display, and that can be comfortably read under the sun.
- The device has a beautiful display, and it’s durable and resistant to scratches.
- It’s backed by an incredibly long-lasting battery that provides up to 11 days of battery life on a single charge.
- The Amazfit PACE companion app is available for iOS and Android that’ll help you read all information gathered from the device.
Amazfit PACE Price:
Amazfit Pace comes in black and red band options. As of now the device is available at an introductory price of $129 at Amazfit. The price will go up after November 28, 2016. Pace will be available on December 15 at Amazon and Amazfit.com for the holiday season.